At Chicago Author Solutions (a division of Eckhartz Press), we stay on top of happenings/trends in the publishing world to help out busy writers who are spending their time doing what they should be doing: writing.
1. Improve your writing by studying critical thinking
This seems like a no-brainer, but how many writers actually do it? A mind opened leads to a pen being opened. (See? I just thought of that bumper sticker-quality phrase right there)
2. The biggest e-book sales-killers
You won’t be surprised by the insights at justpublishingadvice.com, but it bears repeating. For one thing, don’t believe it when people say they don’t judge books by their covers…even e-books.
3. How to Become a Successful Playwright
This is advice I couldn’t give you because I know so little about the theater. Backstage (the magazine) on the other hand, is the expert. Great advice here.
4. Three Ways Authors Can Plant Meta-Data In Their Book Blurb
This is really getting in the weeds of digital marketing, but it’s an area most authors don’t bother researching. Definitely worth a read.
5. Writing Tips from Deena Goldstone, Author of “Surprise Me”
The Penguin/Putnam author has been published by one of the big boys, so she presumably knows a thing or two about her craft. My favorite insight in this piece is: “Surprise yourself when you’re writing.”
Around the Publishing World (June 23)
23 Jun 2016
- Whoever said, "You can't judge a book by its cover", wasn't in the publishing business. Some studies ... Read more!