At Chicago Author Solutions (a division of Eckhartz Press), we stay on top of happenings/trends in the publishing world to help out busy writers who are spending their time doing what they should be doing: writing.
1. Ten Book Marketing Mistakes New Authors Make
Great advice here.
2. Screenwriting class by Aaron Sorkin
If you’re on facebook or twitter you’ve probably already seen this, but if you aren’t, this is the same organization that offered novel writing tips from James Patterson last year. Sorkin is one of the great screenwriters of our time.
3. Ten Tricks to get your book reviewed by a book blogger
Reviews are a tricky business, but if you really want one, here are some tips.
4. Ten Ways for authors to react to bad reviews
This is why reviews are a tricky business, but you have to thicken your skin regardless.
5. Reviews are a double-edged sword
This is advice from Publishers Weekly, who really has a bias against self-published authors, so keep that in mind when you read it.
6. Four Tips to Improve Your Writing Instantly
Start using your math. The tips are coming now, fast and furious.
7. Ten Tips for Young Writers
That brings us up to 14 tips.
8. 27 Tips that will help anyone become a better writer (even you!)
Now we’re up to 41. Top that, anyone else compiling writing tips.
9. Q&A with author Ann Wilson (“In Small Boxes”)
The author of the latest book from Eckhartz Press.