At Chicago Author Solutions (a division of Eckhartz Press), we stay on top of happenings/trends in the publishing world to help out busy writers who are spending their time doing what they should be doing: writing.
1. Tips from Freelance writing pros who also work full time
The truth about free lance writing is that while you get started, you probably still need a full-time job. This article gives you valuable hints about how to budget your time.
2. Romance Novel Writing Tips
There is definitely an art to writing a compelling romance novel. Some good tips here.
3. How to Write an Awesome Female Protagonist
We’ve seen too many manuscripts written by men who just don’t know how to write a female character. A female lead is even tougher. This article is mostly from a film perspective, but it’s applicable to all fiction writing.
4. Transforming real people into fictional characters
So, your book takes place in 1928 Austria, and your lead character meets Siegmund Freud. How do you do that exactly?
5. Networking Tips for Writers
Crucial advice for people who generally sit and work by themselves.
6. Tips for writing with another person
I’ve done it now myself on several different occasions and it’s definitely harder than it sounds. This UK writer explains some of the pitfalls, but also points out the upside.
7. Sitcom King Ken Levine Mocks Millennials
Kev Levine was a writer/producer for shows like…MASH, CHEERS, FRASIER, THE SIMPSONS, WINGS, and EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND. I thought this was pretty funny parody of the kind of sitcoms we see now. Ken’s take on how bad they are.
8. Ira Glass on the creative process