At Chicago Author Solutions (a division of Eckhartz Press), we stay on top of happenings/trends in the publishing world to help out busy writers who are spending their time doing what they should be doing: writing.
1. 50 Great Resources for Writers
Everything from research to grammar to character prompts. Really valuable. Bookmark this article.
2. How to Beat Creativity Block with 7 Tips
Every now and then a writer faces the blank page and it doesn’t speak to them. A few tips to restart that conversation.
3. 6 Ways to overcome writer’s block
More tips. Don’t tell me we aren’t helping you here.
4. Science Can Help You Beat Writer’s Block
You can’t deny our help. It’s scientific.
5. 8 tips to writing an unreliable narrator
Advice from Deb Caletti. Caletti is an award-winning author of 12 books for teens and adults.
6. Ten tips for writing the book inside of you
Regina Brett wrote this piece for the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
7. 12 Tips for being a productive stay-at-home freelancer
If you want to write for a living, you need to get income while you work on major writing projects. Although, ironically, this is written for the Huffington Post, which famously doesn’t pay.
We stay on top of happenings/trends in the publishing world to help out busy writers who are spending their time doing what they should be doing: writing.
1. Are there any unforgivable sins in literature?
Author Rivka Galchen answers that question in the New York Times and I absolutely love her answer. Great advice for her fellow writers.
2. 28 Things You Must Know About Publishing
There are some great observations here about self-publishing and traditional publishing. #1 and #19 are great points that authors don’t like to hear, but they couldn’t be more true. As for #19, when we run into authors that are unwilling to invest in their own books, we run for the hills. Why should we invest if you aren’t willing?
3. Unconventional Tips for Unblocking Writer’s Block
Author Derek Haines has some suggestions that are really excellent outside-the-box ways of thinking about temporary writer’s block. It happens to everyone occasionally. No need to panic. Your talent hasn’t suddenly left you. Try these tips and it will more than likely come right back.
4. 21 Author Quotes About the Magic of Reading and Writing
Great writers give you some inspiration to keep on keeping on. Some are a bit trite, but the sentiment is there.
5. New at Eckhartz Press: Library bundles and our Speakers Bureau
Our Eckhartz Press authors have spoken at lots of libraries around the Chicagoland area. We’re now offering book bundles for other libraries that want to stock our books, and our speakers bureau for libraries (or other organizations) to book our authors. Click on the links above to get more information.